Here are some recipes that we love at our house and are easy on the budget. We allow ourselves $50/week for groceries but on average are closer to $35-40. You’ll notice some recipes link to the Taste of Home website. I get the weekly Affordable Meals email and have used about 5 or 6 of those.
Cold Weather Favorites:
- Chili Mac Casserole (use whatever pasta you have on hand and adjust for your liking-we normally leave out the beans, chips, and tomatoes)
- Low Fat Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, bread, salad
- Wild Rice Casserole
- Hamburger Stew
- One Pot Chili
- Chicken A La King served over rice
- Cheesy Chicken served over rice-super easy!!!
- Lasagna Roll Ups
- Santa Fe Skillet
Warm Weather Favorites:
- Grilled Shrimp Marinade with CousCous
- Steak Fajitas
- Shish Ka Bobs (we marinate veggies with the grilled shrimp marinade above also)
- Grilled Chicken (use your favorite seasoning-we usually use Weber’s brand), Corn, Potatoes
- Burritos (beef with taco seasoning, green peppers, lettuce, rice, cheese) with chips and salsa or queso
- Pita Pizzas
- Honey Mustard Turkey Burgers
- Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Pasta
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Parmesan Coated Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn
- Baked Breaded Chicken with Macaroni and Cheese
- Tacos and Mexican Rice
- Chicken and Veggie Pitas (we substitute the veggies for a bag of broccoli stir-fry veggies to cut down on cost)
- Chocolate Mousse Pie (super easy!)
[...] HomeAboutContactFeaturesRecipes [...]
Love your recipes tab….I have already saved a few of the recipes for my dinners this week!
Thanks, Lisa! I hope they turn out well:)
i appreciate you sharing this information here. it was a brilliant post. thanks!http://www.paletesplasticos.com
Hi Jess! Just looking at your website with your mom! Lots of good ideas! Abby checks you out too!